I would be happy to help.
Check the below steps for updating the price from the admin panel:
- Change in customers’ demand
- Fluctuation in the market
- Change in budget
- The increased cost of raw materials
Feel free to share the solution with Magento Community via social media.
Product price and special price modification is a continuous process. You cannot set a price once, leave it and expect it to be profitable, and thus, you may require to update the product prices.
Also, the special prices are set for only a specific time period and it needs to be reverted after the offer ends.
Steps to Update Product Price and Special Price Using CSV in Magento 2
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel.
- Navigate to System > Import.
- Click on Products in Entity Type dropdown.
- Select Add/Update in the Import Behaviour dropdown.
Something went wrong.
- Import your updated CSV file as mentioned below to Select File to Import option.
sku price special_price 24-MB01 35 30 24-MB04 50 45
“The moment you make a mistake in pricing, you’re eating into your reputation or your profits.”
- Click on Check Data button after successfully importing CSV file.
- If everything is correct, then it will display a valid message and click on the Import button.
- Finally, after the successful process, a Success message will display.
- Now, you can check the update on your price and special price.
- Price and Special price before following the above steps
- Price and Special price after following the above steps
If you have any doubts regarding this solution, mention them in the Comments section below.
Thank you for subscribing.
A merchant needs to update the product prices in cases such as:
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
An online store owner has to constantly monitor his pricing strategy as well as the competition so as to not damage the profit margin.
Updating the price and special price manually from the admin is not only tiresome but also the time-consuming process. Instead, you can use update product price and special price using CSV in Magento 2. Or you can update product price programmatically in Magento 2.