3. From the left-hand panel, select Catalog > Inventory. Explore the Stock options section:
1. Login to the backend of your Magento store.
Now, out of stock products will be displayed on your frontend store like this
2. From the Admin dashboard, navigate to System > Configuration.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions on this topic, please comment below to let us know.
- In the section of Display Out of Stock Products, select Yes to enable out- of- stock products display.
- Click Save Config to finish.
By default, Magento does not support store owner to show the no-inventory status for the products. The out- of- stock products are simply not shown on the website. This is a drawback as the owners may aim at pre-selling before the release date or still want the customers to know about the products as they are being stocked up. The customers can have back order on those specific products later. This tutorial will show you how to change that default setting of Magento store for out- of- stock products.
This tutorial for beginner will show you how to change that default setting of Magento store for out- of- stock products.