Downloadable Products are the virtual products that contain one or more file allowing customers to get as a file. Downloadable products can be ebooks, music files, videos, software, extensions, update or even your electronic product catalogs.
From the Admin sidebar, select the Customer View to check the appearance o downloadable products on your store page. Explore the Product Detail section:
Step 1: Product Type Selection
From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Products > Inventory > Catalog.
Click the Add Product orange button on the upper right corner of the work- space.
Explore the Sample section:
Step 2: Product Template Selection
The exciting feature of downloadable products is that they can be sold in a group (like a whole music album) or separately. Magento 2 store supports users with this feature allowing customers to get link only when they are already logged in or receive links via email and share with their friends.
Step 3: Required Information Enter
From the drop-down menu, choose Downloadable Product.
From the drop-down list, choose Save &Close.
- Enter the Name of the product.
- Enter the SKU value or use the default setting.
- Enter the Price for the product.
- Keep the Product Online off until the product is ready to go online.
- Select the Tax Class to be None or Taxable Goods.
- In the Image and Video section, drag an image from your computer or click on the Camera icon to choose the image/ video that is suitable for the product.
- Enter the Quantity available in stock of the product.
- Skip the Weight section.
- Mark the Virtual/ Downloadable check box.
- Assign the Product Category by choosing the Show List, type in the Search box or create a new one.
- Write the Description as necessary.
Login to the backend of your Magento 2 store.
Step 4: Downloadable Information
- Enter the Title for the link.
- Set Yes to Links can be purchased separately to offer single download link.
- Click Add New Link.
In the Downloadable section, from the Search box, enter the template name or select the templated from the list drop down.
- Enter the Link Title.
- Enter the Price fro the link.
- Select distribution methods as File (attached) or URL (enter link).
- In the Sharable section, select Yes if you want the customers to log in before getting the link or No if you want the customers to receive the link via email.
- Set the limit for Max Downloads.
- Mark the Unlimited box to allow unlimited download.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know by writing your comment below.
- Enter the sample Title.
- Click Add New Link to add the sample.
- Choose File or URL to distribute the sample.
- Change the sample order by dragging to the new position.
Step 5: Product Generation
Hit the Save button to finish.
Explore the Link section:
Step 6: Store View check
This tutorial will guide you through the process of downloadable products creation in Magento 2.
Click Submit button and control the information by WYSIWYG Editor.