A simple product is defined to be the one standing alone on the store front page without any selectable variations; otherwise, I would be called mixed product. An example of a simple product is:
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions, please let us know by leaving your comments below. 1. Login to the backend of your Magento 2 store.
5. From the Admin sidebar, turn to Customer View to see the product in your store.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of adding a Simple new product to Magento 2 store.
2. Complete all the required information in the form.
1. Now you have to choose the template for the product. From the Search box, enter the template that you want to apply for your product. Select the one that you want and the form will be updated according to the template chosen.
Now you have your simple product go online. You can custom options and input controls to make possible to sell many variations from a single SKU.
- In the Product Details section:
- Fill in the Name for the product.
- In the SKU, either use the default one or set a new one for the product.
- Enter the Price for the product.
- In the section of Product Online, you can temporary set Offline until every detail is ready to go online.
- Set the Tax Class for the product as None or Taxable.
- In the Product Image, you can set the image for your product by either drag the form your computer to the camera icon or click on the camera title to navigate the image file from your computer, then use Open button to see the placeholder until the image is fully uploaded.
- Enter the quantity in stock of the product in the Quantity section.
- Enter the product Weight.
- Assign the Category for the product:
2. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Products > Inventory > Catalog.
- Enter the Category name to find the match and select the right one. Click on Show List to see the drop down menu and click on every category you want to assign to the product.
- If there is no matched Category, create a new one by clicking New Category. Enter the Category Name and choose the Parent Category as needed. Click on the Create Category orange button to finish.
- Text the Description of the product to the text box and click Submit. Use WYSIWYG Editor to add control.
A single simple product is the first base for any Grouped products, Bundle products, Virtual Product, Downloadable Products or Configurable Products creation. The single product view is the most frequently used one in Magento 2 stores. This configuration allows users to sell the product separately or in bundle, group, configurable class, etc.
4. Switch the Product Online section to Online. Click Save & Close to finish.
3. Click on the orange button of Add Products on the upper right corner of the workspace. From the drop-down menu, choose Simple Product.